Photo

Glutes are too fatigue to finish the set when deadlift.

Deadlift Fatigue

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Toolepac

Toolepac
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:25 AM

Hey guys.

I've been doing Jonnie Candito's linear program for 11 weeks. But recently I found my glutes are easy to fatigue when I deadlift.

So there are two Lower body day, Squat 3x6 then DL 2x6/ Paused 6x4 then Paused DL 3x4.

The fatigue started about 2 weeks ago, When I finished 140kg 3x6 Squat ,I went 137.5 2x6 DL. 1st set is okay but glutes already felt fatigue.i don't think I can finish the 2nd set with 137.5 so I cut 2.5 kg, but still couldn't finish the set. Puased Day was fine but still suffered from the Glute fatigue.And both sessions I rest at least 5m btw sets.

I think maybe because I'm tired so I take a deload week and still this week I can't finish 135kg.

Actually I always feel the starting point is the hardest(even warmup with 100kg.)My glutes is always the part that works hardest and I can't feel my quads  at the starting point.

Wasn't sure if it's because of my form so here's the video. 

https://youtu.be/L8ZmM_2Tp6o

Thanks!

#2 Brandon

Brandon

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:17 PM

I wish I had this problem. That kind of glute activation is a good thing, right? I don't feel deadlifts much in my glutes, but instead they fry my lower back. I'd always imagined if I could only shift some of that stress to my glutes life would be much better.

#3 DOA

DOA
  • Discipline:Overall Beast
  • Stats:5'8" 205

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:11 AM

This is not a bad thing. Gluten re a very dormant muscle in most people. Just use other exercises to stress your neglected areas as usual.

#4 Toolepac

Toolepac
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:35 AM

I wish I had this problem. That kind of glute activation is a good thing, right? I don't feel deadlifts much in my glutes, but instead they fry my lower back. I'd always imagined if I could only shift some of that stress to my glutes life would be much better.

yeah, it's good i don't need to worry about glute engaging.But it's still kinda annoying...

#5 gramh

gramh
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:15 PM

You should drop this program, I think. Your glutes hasn't enough time to recover, so you can't continue with it

#6 DOA

DOA
  • Discipline:Overall Beast
  • Stats:5'8" 205

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:59 PM

Just read what program you are doing. In my opinion Johnnie Canditos programs seem like something that worked well for him and he assumes it will work for everyone. He is a big fan of linear periodization year round and there are multiple sources and experiences to show that may be sub optimal for some people.

#7 Toolepac

Toolepac
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:24 PM

You should drop this program, I think. Your glutes hasn't enough time to recover, so you can't continue with it

sorry for replying so late.I haven't been on this forum for a while .

Yes, I did drop it.The frequency is to high for me and I actually got injury a few weeks later and had to stop Squat and DL heavy for 2 months....Now Im doing 5/3/1 which I find works for me better.

#8 Toolepac

Toolepac
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:25 PM

Just read what program you are doing. In my opinion Johnnie Canditos programs seem like something that worked well for him and he assumes it will work for everyone. He is a big fan of linear periodization year round and there are multiple sources and experiences to show that may be sub optimal for some people.

Yeah you're right.

His program's frequency is too high for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deadlift, Fatigue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright 2015 LIFT, LLC