Photo

Powerlifters: What Federation Do You Compete In and Why?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Powerlifters: What Federation Do You Compete In and Why? (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Your favorite federation?

1. Amateur Athletic Union Powerlifting (AAU) (2 votes [2.35%])

Percentage of vote: 2.35%

2. International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) or affiliate: USAPL, CPU, etc (35 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

3. Southern Powerlifting Federation (SPF) (6 votes [7.06%])

Percentage of vote: 7.06%

4. Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate (RPS) (13 votes [15.29%])

Percentage of vote: 15.29%

5. 100% Raw Powerlifting (RAW) (5 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

6. United States Powerlifting Association (USPA) (4 votes [4.71%])

Percentage of vote: 4.71%

7. United States Powerlifting Federation (USPF) (2 votes [2.35%])

8. Hardcore Powerlifting (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. American Powerlifting Association (APA) (1 votes [1.18%])

Percentage of vote: 1.18%

10. Independent Powerlifting Association (IPA) (2 votes [2.35%])

11. United Powerlifting Association (UPA) (4 votes [4.71%])

Percentage of vote: 4.71%

12. Other... (Mentioned below) (11 votes [12.94%])

Percentage of vote: 12.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Shane

Shane

2020 WSM

• Members
  • 876 posts
  • Discipline:Strength Guy.
  • Stats:5'10 195

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:52 PM

IPF/CPU. simply put only divisions where you can really compete for more than 1 other person in your weight class and division. Most lifters by far compared to any other federation. Most meets, etc etc.

USAPL is far different from CPU it seems. Nobody in USAPL down here. Everybody does APA, and USPA

I am be dangerous now.

#42 MindofShadow

MindofShadow

Chiro to LIFT's Finest

• 2,479 posts
  • Discipline:Gym Rat
  • Stats:5'8 200lbs

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:52 AM

USAPL is far different from CPU it seems. Nobody in USAPL down here. Everybody does APA, and USPA

Just depends on the state. USAPL dominates in Florida

My awesome blog:

www.mindofshadow.com

#43 Ryan H.

Ryan H.
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Discipline:Powerlifter
  • Stats:5'10", 200 lbs

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:44 PM

My favorite is the RPS, mostly for the reasons stated above. Besides everything already covered, Rychlak doesn't have any annual membership fees, only entry fees which are a reasonable price. His meets are run smoothly and efficiently, unlike others that I've either watched or participated in. Judging is fair and consistent. Also, they recently started doing meets in Long Island which is good because I hate traveling very far to compete, with the exception being Raw Unity Meet. RUM is not a federation; it's an annual meet which brings together the highest caliber of raw lifters from all feds, but still deserves to be mentioned. Talmant and Vasquez do a good job with those.

I did RPS Insurrextion in 2013 in Long Island. Was well run, the people were great I thought.

Only downside is there were a million classes. By the time 70 people were split up there were only a few people in my weight class and I was in the biggest class. That's probably everywhere though.

#44 JWatkin

JWatkin
  • 464 posts
  • Stats:5'6" 125lbs

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:36 AM

IPF/CPU. simply put only divisions where you can really compete for more than 1 other person in your weight class and division. Most lifters by far compared to any other federation. Most meets, etc etc.

I agree with the depth of our competition particularly in the past couple of years.  I still think there is room for other feds though.

It was a nice read seeing a few Ontario lifters saying they like the organization and how well the meets are run. I guess we're doing something right. Between open meets, high school meets, college meets and championships we are running 24 this year, probably more and they're all full.

What doesn't kill you, doesn't kill you.

#45 BigLouie2314

BigLouie2314

Multi-ply Power Lifter from South Jersey

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Stats:5' 6", 132lbs

Posted 24 December 2015 - 09:46 AM

RPS. Great group of guys. Fun meets. Strict judging, they don't give away lifts. And they are one of the only pro lifter federations with no fees or dues. Much of what they make is donated to charity or goes right back into equipment, meets, etc. Nobody else can boast any of this.

#46 paisley0331

paisley0331
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Discipline:Powerlifting
  • Stats:5'10, 215lbs

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

NASA 

#47 Ramrod

Ramrod

www.RamrodReviews.com

• 128 posts
  • Stats:181

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:45 AM

APA

Looks like I'm the only APA Vote...lol

APA because they seem to be the only ones that have 2-3 Meets a Year with in 1hr of my house. SPF has random ones now and again and USPLA had one a couple of years ago. Not sure if they plan on having any more.

I've only done APA and not SPF too is the fact of paying for Fed. fees again. The cost of the classes and Fed fees adds up fast.

I've liked all my APA meets thou. They have all ran pretty smooth, They have Classis Raw and Modern Raw, Single- Ply and Multi- Ply classes. I haven't seen anyone do a Full geared meet thou. Most the time the geared guys do just Bench and just Push and pull. 

You can pick to be in Drug tested or Non-Tested.

They don't make you bury your squats. Just break Parallel.

Most the time they have been pretty consentient, but last meet I saw some deep squats get called on depth. Also the Bench Pauses were the longest I've seen. Overall still a blast and fun. 

#48 scottonfire

scottonfire
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:16 PM

WNPF for the win! Sick-ass trophies. Drug free. 

#49 Physiqz

Physiqz
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:04 PM

USAPL because it had the most lifters in my area but since I've moved have been considering switching to the USPA though the year ban is retarded

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright 2015 LIFT, LLC